This section describes the process of performing a version upgrade. As installing a new version of Produmex WMS over an older version is similar to a fresh installation, this section does not go into detail in the parts that are the same as in a fresh installation.
In case of an SAP B1 patch level upgrade, only the configuration of Produmex Tools is necessary to be performed. See section 4.3.1. Configure the Produmex Tools.
Upgrading to product version 19.2 or higher from a version lower than 19.2 removes the need for an extra PMX database. For performance reasons all standard views, functions and stored procedures are created in the company database. Any customized view, function and stored procedure needs to be moved manually.
The existing extra PMX database is not removed by this upgrade. The database still exists and can be used for moving the necessary views, functions and stored procedures manually.
Upgrading to product version 19.2 or higher from a version lower than 19.2 is a non-reversible operation and future product versions will have this migration as well, therefore, it is recommended to create backups.
Make sure that no one (neither SAP users nor Device clients) is logged in the SAP live environment by checking the Task Manager and disconnecting each user with open connection to the server. Make sure that no DB sessions are connecting to the company database on the sql saerver
Note: Device clients, like touchscreen-terminals and scanners, keep most of their data in cache, such as company settings and installation files. When these devices boot, they connect to the server and retrieve the new scripts and other installation files.
1. Recommended step: Copy the configuration file (ProdumexInstallConfig.xml) of your previous installation into the ProdumexSuiteInstaller directory of your new version. This way you do not have to specify your SAP Business One databases manually.
2. Start the Produmex Suite Installer as an administrator.
3. Accept the End User Licence Agreement.
Uninstall All to uninstall each installed component.
From product version 2021.03, Produmex WMS requires License Server version 2021.03 or higher and does not work with previous License Server versions. Upgrading the License Server to version 2021.03 is a one-time operation, that is, future add-on versions are expected to work with License Server 2021.03.
Install all the necessary components. The installation process is the same as for a fresh installation (see 3.2. Install components).
1. Click on the
Config button of Produmex Tools.
2. Select an instance alias which will connect to a company database that will be updated to the required Produmex version.
3. Click the
Run button to start the Produmex Database Upgrade tool.
4. Change the default settings on the Produmex Database Upgrade screen if necessary and click
Start (for information on the settings see section 3.3.1. Configure the Produmex Tools).
5. If you are upgrading to version 19.2 or higher from a version lower than 19.2, a pop-up window informs you that the upgrade removes the need for an extra PMX database. Consult with the description on the pop-up window and click
OK to proceed.
6. Confirm that you accept the creation of extra database items in the company database by entering CONFIRM in the field. This confirmation step is needed to ensure that you understand and take note of the change.
Note: The field is case sensitive. If you enter the wrong data, the installation process stops. In this case you need to close the Produmex Database Upgrade screen and start the configuration again.
7. The Produmex Database Upgrade displays the process.
The tool looks for the installed version, adds the necessary database modifications and you will also see custom adjustments executed if applicable.
8. On the Add-on Uploader Form select all row(s) corresponding to the installation and click
Upload or if all the rows must be selected, click
Select All and then click
When the upload is finished, click
OK on the form and the screen is automatically closed.
9. When the upload is complete, close the Add-On Uploader Form and the Database Upgrade screen.
10. After starting the AddOn Loader in the SAP client, it will download the new files to the local computer into folder: “c:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns\PMX\Produmex Add-On Loader 20\” Start the SAP client in Run as Administrator mode at first time after the upgrade.
Configure the Produmex License Server in the same way as for a fresh installation (see section 3.3.2. Configure the Produmex License Server).
The next section describes the configuration of the SB1 Notification Listener. If you do not need the tool, click
Save on the Produmex Suite Installer screen and close it. Continue with section 4.4. Adaptation of stored procedures below.
1. On the Produmex Suite Installer screen click the
Config button of the component.
2. Run the Configure database option in Console mode and when this is complete, press Enter.
3. Run the List Actions option in console mode and when this is complete, press Enter.
The configuration process is finished. Click
Save on the Produmex Suite Installer screen and close the window.
Adjust the standard SBO_SP_TransactionNotification with the T-SQL code from the PMX_SP_TransactionNotification stored procedure in the same way as for a fresh installation (see section 3.4. Adaptation of stored procedures).
Note: The same procedure applies to any custom stored procedure (if included in the custom version).
Start SAP Business One and the add-on files are automatically loaded.
In general, for a Produmex WMS version upgrade it is not required to install a new version of the add-on loader. Consult with the Compatibility Matrix and check if the installation of a new version is needed. The document describes which add-on loader version is required for the given add-on version.
Note: It is possible to have multiple add-on loader versions installed on one server.
(For more information on how to install the Add-on Loader see section 3.5. Register the Produmex add-on.)
The process of performing a version upgrade is finished. Make sure that the company settings of your organizational structure are correct.
The next section describes the process of adding a new database to an existing installation.