Path: Produmex Scan >
This documentation is provided by Boyum IT Solutions GmbH and it is for informational purposes only. Its content is subject to change without notice, and Boyum IT Solutions GmbH does not warrant that it is error-free.
The documents are neither approved nor in any way acknowledged or endorsed by SAP.
For SAP Business One, only the documentation and training officially released by SAP shall be binding upon SAP. SAP shall not be responsible for any content of this documentation and training and this documentation and training shall not be binding upon SAP in any way.
The official SAP Business One documentation and training for SAP Business One is available here.
This documentation describes the prerequisites, the technical background and the steps of a fresh installation of Produmex Scan.
2. Technical Background
3. Performing a Fresh Installation
* 3.1. Download the Produmex Scan components
* 3.2. Install the Produmex Scan Add-on (on premise or in SAP Cloud)
* 3.3. Install the Produmex Service Broker
* 3.4. Install the Produmex Scan Server Module
* 3.5. Install the Produmex Scan Client application on a mobile device
* 3.6. Check the installed modules and start the Service Broker
* 3.7. Configure the Produmex Scan Client
* 3.8. Start the add-on in SAP Business One
4. Additional Documentation
Supported database management systems:
Requirements for the machine where the Produmex Service Broker runs:
Requirements for the machine where the Produmex add-on runs:
Note: The TAB suffix on the device must be set to use the scanning function.
For more information about hardware requirements and server sizing see Produmex Scan - Server sizing.
Produmex Scan has three parts:
The add-on must be installed in SAP Business One. It is used mainly for set-up and administrative purposes and it does not need to be running for the mobile devices to work.
The Service Broker handles requests that come from the mobile application and processes them by using the SAP DI API (for example: based on the requests from the mobile device it creates a Goods Receipt PO or a Delivery).
The client application is used to enter data for the stock movements and send the data to the Service Broker. The client application can run natively on the mobile device, or on the server and can be accessed through remote desktop, depending on the network latency constraints or use case as described below.
The recommended way is to install Produmex Scan directly on the device where it can run as a native client. The Produmex Scan client application connects to the Service Broker by using HTTP/TCP protocols.
This connection method is recommended for on-premise use or Cloud environments where the connection between the client and the server is fast and optimized.
Layouts of possible scenarios:
On Cloud environments where the network connection is slower, the traditional connection method might cause latency due to the number of messages sent by the Produmex Scan client. To improve the communication speed, it is recommended to run the application on a remote desktop. This way the client and the service broker communicates within the same network and the long-distance traffic decreases.
In this case the client application and the Service Broker run on the same server. The application can be reached through a remote desktop application from the handheld device.
The remote desktop connection method is only recommended in cloud environments where latency issues occur due to the slow connection between the client and the server.
For more information on how to set up Remote Desktop Connection see: How to Set Up Remote Desktop Connection for Produmex Scan.
Download the correct version of the Produmex Scan components from here. The necessary files are the following Zip files:
|32 bit||64 bit|
|ProdumexScanAddOnSetup_[version]_lightweight.zip (for SAP Cloud)|
1. Extract the content of the ProdumexScan_AddOnSetup_[version].zip file on your local machine. The .zip file contains two files:
2. In SAP Business One go to Main menu > Administration > Add-Ons > Add-On Administration and click the
Register Add-On button.
3. Click the '…' button of the Registration Data File and browse for the BXMobileWH9Setup.ard file. SAP Business One fills out the path to the .exe file automatically.
4. Select the Install as Part of Registration option and click
SAP Business One registers the add-on and starts the installation wizard.
5. Click the
Next button to start the installation.
6. Accept the End-User License Agreement and click
7. Make sure that all components are checked and there is enough disk space. Click
8. Click the
Install button to proceed with the installation.
9. If the installation process takes some time, SAP Business One asks if the installation has finished successfully. If the installation is successful, click the
Note: If there has been an error during installation, the installation fails regardless of your answer.
10. On the Add-on Administration screen the add-on is displayed in the Company-Assigned Add-Ons grid. Make sure that the Active option is selected and change the Default Group from Disabled to Manual or Automatic.
11. Click the
Update button to save the changes.
Continue with section 3.2.3. Run the Database Setup.
1. Create a Produmex sub folder within the folder that you have defined as the Extension Repository Path.
2. Upload the zip folder of the lightweight installer to this Produmex folder. Make sure that you do not unzip the file.
3. On the Cloud Control Center navigate to Landscape Management > Extensions.
4. Make sure that the installation file is listed on the Extensions grid and click the
Synchronize All button to install the Produmex Scan add-on.
5. On the Confirmation form click
Yes to confirm that you want to synchronize all extensions.
If the installation is successful, on the Synchronization Report form the status of Produmex Scan is successful. The installation zip is automatically moved to the Produmex Shared Repository folder.
When upgrading the add-on to a new product version in the future, make sure that the add-on is not running on any presentation server. If there is a running add-on, the upgrade will fail.
1. Navigate to Landscape Management > Service Units.
2. On the Service Units grid select the target service unit.
3. On the Service Unit Details grid go to the Extensions tab and click the
4. Follow the steps of the Extension Deployment Wizard. Select the Produmex Scan add-on at the Select Extensions step and finish the deployment.
When you upgrade to a new product version in the future, skip the steps of assigning the add-on to the tenant(s).
1. Go to Customer Management > Tenants.
2. Select the tenant on the Tenants grid.
3. On the Tenant Details grid navigate to the Extensions tab and click the
4. Follow the steps of the Extension Assignment Wizard. In the Select Extensions step select the Produmex Scan add-on and finish the assignment.
Continue with section 3.2.3. Run the Database Setup.
To be able to run the DBSetup the SAP user must be a superuser.
1. In SAP Business One navigate to Administration > Add-Ons > Add-On Manager. Select the add-on and click
2. When the add-on is started for the first time after installation, it creates its own database tables and user defined fields. The add-on displays the following system message:
Yes to upgrade the database.
Note: On MSSQL, the system checks whether there is a backup created within an hour. If no such backup is detected, a warning message is displayed. Click
OK and make sure that you create a backup of the database and restart the add-on.
3. On the DB Connection Setup form enter the database username and the database password and click
OK. When the DB Connection is set up, the system upgrades the database.
A progress bar is displayed and the system goes through the database setup process.
4. When the database structure has been modified, the following system message is displayed.
Yes to add the user-defined fields.
5. A system message is displayed about the modification of the database structure. Click
6. The next system message informs you that the add-on is disconnected. Select option Continue working without this Add-on.
7. Restart the SAP Business One.
Continue with section 3.3. Install the Produmex Service Broker.
Make sure that you do not run both the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version Service Broker on one environment. Only one service broker instance should be installed on a server at a time.
1. Extract the ProdumexServiceBrokerSetup_[version].zip file and run the BxServiceBroker.Setup.exe file.
2. Accept the License Agreement and click
The setup process is started, it may take some time.
3. Configure the service settings on the Produmex Service Broker Config form as follows.
4. On the Admin Page form specify a password for the Service Broker Administration web page in the Web password field and click
5. On the Database connection form provide the connection data to the database server that has access to the company database/schema as follows.
Nextand continue with step 6 in this section.
6. Set up the company database/schema on the Default SAP Company form as follows.
Note: Only one company can be set up with this step. If you have more than one database/schema, you can add them in the Produmex Service Manager after finishing the installation (see documentation here).
7. The system displays a summary about your settings. If a setting needs to be changed, click
Back and modify the necessary setting. If the data is correct, click
8. The installation is finished. Click
9. Open the Produmex Service Manager. It is automatically installed with the Service Broker.
10. Click the
Companies button and on the Select Companies form select your company database. Click
Configure dependency from the SBO Server Tools service on an MSSQL system
If the server where Produmex Service Broker runs needs to be restarted frequently, it is recommended to configure dependency from the SBO Server Tools service.
When Produmex Service Broker starts, it tries to connect to the SAP environment. If the connection fails, Produmex Service Broker will not start. If the Produmex Service Broker is dependent on the SBO Server Tools service, it starts and connect to the SAP environment when the SBO Server Tools service is started as well.
Note: Make sure you do not set the dependency on HANA environments. The Produmex Service Broker is a Windows service, SAP HANA and Produmex Service Broker are running on separate servers. To avoid this issue, make sure that the HANA server is already running when you restart the server of the Service Broker.
To configure the dependency proceed as follows.
1. Open the Command Prompt window and enter the following:
C:\>sc config BXServiceBroker depend=B1ServerTools
2. Open the Services app, right-click on the Produmex Service Broker and select Properties. On the Dependencies tab you can see that the dependency is successfully added:
Continue with section 3.4.Install the Produmex Scan Server Module.
The Produmex Service Broker works together with different Produmex add-ons and it uses the dlls of the given add-on. Install the dlls with the Produmex Service Broker Module Installer as follows.
1. Extract the ProdumexScan_ServerSetup_[version].x32.zip file and run the BXMobileWH9WebAPI_[version]_setup file.
Install on the Produmex Service Broker Module Installer and when the installation is finished, click
OK on the Success form.
3. The system restarts the Service Broker. Click
OK on the Success form.
Note: The add-on and the server dlls must be for the same version. If you use different versions, error messages may be displayed. Start the installer and it will automatically copy the dlls. Then restart the Service Broker.
Continue with section 3.5. Install the Produmex Scan Client application on a mobile device.
If the driver is missing, you will get a message during installation that active sync is needed.
1. Cradle the mobile device on your computer.
2. Extract the ProdumexScan_ClientWM6Setup_[version].zip file and run the Produmex Scan Application setup file on the host computer with administrator rights.
3. On the Setup Wizard click
4. Choose the destination folder.
Next and then click
6. The installer is set up on the cradled, connected mobile device as well. If the installation on the mobile device is interrupted, it can be installed directly on the mobile device. Copy ProdumexSCAN_ClientWM6Setup_version nbr._SBO version.cab from c:\Windows\WindowsMobile\BXMobileWH9\ to your mobile with Windows Mobile Device Center and run it in the mobile device.
You can find the configuration form and the application among the installed programs (in the Start Menu).
Note: When client is started for the first time, the Produmex Scan Configuration window is opened. (It is configured later on in section 3.7. Configure the Produmex Scan Client).
With the installation new shortcuts are also added to the Start Menu under the Produmex folder to run Produmex Scan and Configure Produmex Scan in desktop mode. This helps to simulate the mobile device client without setting up an emulated mobile environment.
Continue with section 3.6. Check the installed modules and start the Service Broker.
1. Start the Produmex Service Manager.
2. Start the Service Broker.
4. On the Produmex Service Broker tab check if the installation of the following modules is successful (marked with a tick):
Continue with section 3.7. Configure Produmex Scan Client.
1. Start the Client Configuration Parameters and on the General tab determine the connection settings and the language of the application as follows.
2. In the Server URL field enter the Server URL of the server where the client application will connect. The server URL consists of the IP address of the server where the Service Broker runs and the port number. The port number is 50231 by default.
3. Click the
… button to scan for servers.
When the Server URL is added, the active databases assigned to the Service Broker are listed on the box.
3. Select the company database from the list.
If the application cannot connect to the server, an error message is shown and you may need to check the URL, the database, etc.
4. Select the language of the client application from the Language drop-down menu.
Continue with section 3.8. Start the add-on in SAP Business One.
The process of a fresh installation is finished.
In SAP Business One navigate to Administration > Add-On Manager and on the Installed Add-ons tab select the Produmex Scan add-on and click